52% of standard 5 students cannot read a standard 2 text.
48% of children are not enrolled in higher secondary school.
If a child cannot learn in the way we teach, we must teach in a way that the child can learn..
SNEH Pre-school located at kalewadi, pune aims at providing quality education to the children of parents with limited means.
We believe education is an integral part in a person’s life. SNEH Preschool is a unique endeavour where we focus on imparting education, which is on par with the education provided at other preschools that charge extravagant fees, to those children whose parents are of limited means and find it difficult to provide education to them in private, english medium schools..
- Started off with 25 kids in the first year, strength got doubled in just one year.
- 180+ Kids have been benefitted till date. In the current year we have enrolled 93 children from the most marginalized families.
- School works on a Sponsorship model where every kid’s education is partially sponsored by a well wisher. 200 + sponsors have come together till date to support the initiative.
- Our change makers have ensured that 100% of the kids are enrolled to primary education.
SNEH Kalakhadak Project
Free the child's potential, and you will transform him into the world.
Kalakhadak is one of the most marginalised communities in PCMC.
We discovered this place while one of our routine surveys. So we started working on the kids - the future. Weekend English classes were started for the kids in the community by our change makers. The classes were a success and so they were started on a daily basis with the help of a courageous girl ‘Reshma’ from the community whose professional education is sponsored by SNEH Foundation. The classes are in their second year of operation and our enthusiasm hasn't dwindled. Along with the daily classes, we also organise various activities for the benefit of the community viz. health checkups, street plays, donation drives, parent counselling sessions to name a few. We have still a long way to go, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. The step has been taken and Snehis are committed to the total transformation of the community.
- 60 kids of age group 6-14 years are attending daily classes in the community. Idea is to bridge the education gap and raise the confidence of the children.
- Kids are enrolled on a quarterly basis to ensure that learning curve is on the rise.
- Apart from education kids are motivated to sing, dance, paint etc to certain creative and cognitive development.
SNEH Construction Site (CS) Project
A hand that's dirty with honest labor is fit to shake with any neighbour.
Most of the people we know live in consummate houses, big societies and affluent neighbourhoods.
They never stop to think about how these houses were built, societies were constructed and neighbourhoods were developed. They were made by people like us - construction workers. Construction workers who travel from one construction site to another to make their living.We at SNEH understood their plight. With this life of constant migration they miss out on many things, like their own house, education of their children, etc. things that only a settled life can offer. To help this demographic realise their potential we started the Construction Site (CS) project. CS project targets various needs of the construction site workers such as financial literacy to help them save whatever they can, education and nutrition of their children, door step healthcare counselling and many more. We have been successfully working in 3 such construction sites over the last few years.
- Reached out to 150+ families till date directly and 250+ children.
- 70+ children are enrolled to primary schools using Right to Education (RTE) awareness.
- 50+ women have opened bank accounts post our financial literacy (FINLET) sessions.